The following are the services provided by the team at the Ryecourt Clinic;
- General Practice consultations
- Childhood Vaccinations
- Antenatal Care & Postnatal Care
- Practice Nurse to provide general nursing duties and advice, including wound dressing
- Phlebotomy Service including transport of Blood samples to the Laboratory same day
- Suturing and Minor Operative Surgical procedures
- Cryotherapy Treatment
- Cervical Smears including participating in the National Cervical Screening Programme
- Contraceptive advice including Fitting of Implanon Rods.
- Travel Vaccination administration including being a designated Yellow Fever Centre
- Reflexology & Indian Head Massage
As well as the area of General Practice the Ryecourt Clinic also offers the surrounding communities the following services;
The Physiotherapy Clinic
The Physiotherapy Clinic is run by Máiread and Mark Evans (MISCP). Máiread and Mark provide an extensive range of services from Chartered Physiotherapists including sports injury management.
Mark Evans – Graduated with a Bsc (Physiotherapy) Hons in physiotherapy from The University of Huddersfield in 2004. Since then he has gained a wide variety of experience working in the NHS and private practice.He has worked as a senior physiotherapist in musculoskeletal, out patients, orthopaedic fracture clinic and gym rehabilitation. Extensive clinical experience with postgraduate experience in Acupuncture & UKSCA (Strength & Conditioning qualification)
Mark hails from Yorkshire, where he had a keen interest in sports, playing rugby, soccer, and also representing his county in golf. He now currently swims for Cork Masters Swimming Club and cycles for Coachford Cycling Club.
Mairead O’Sullivan – Mairead graduated with a Bsc (Physiotherapy) Hons in physiotherapy from The University of Huddersfield, England in 2004. Since then she has gained a wide variety of experience working in the NHS. She has completed postgraduate courses in Acupuncture, Biomechanics, Pilates and Vestibular Rehabilitaion.
Mairead is a native of Lissarda, has been very active in ladies football but is currently involved in cycling and running.
The services and treatments we provide: – clinic & home visits
• Spinal and musculoskeletal disorders or injuries
• One to one Pilates including anti-natal & post-natal care
• Paediatric Physiotherapy
• Biomechanics assessment and orthotic prescription
• Sports Injuries
• Strength and Conditioning rehab
• Women’s Health Physiotherapy
• Vestibular Disorders
• 30-45 min appointment = €50
• Medical card holder = €40
• Home visits =€60
Contact Telephone Numbers: 0877815481. 0860517615
Counselling and Psychotherapy services at Ryecourt Clinic are provided by Kay O’Shaughnessy. She is an Addiction Counsellor and fully accredited member of the Addiction Counsellors of Ireland. She is also a pre-accredited member of Irish Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists. If you are currently experiencing any issues regarding Addiction, Anxiety, Abuse, Anger Management, Bereavement, Depression, General Counselling, Health Related Issues, Loss, Mental Health Issues, OCD, Personal Development, Phobias, Post-Traumatic Stress, Relationships, Self Esteem, Self Harm, Trauma please contact her to arrange an appointment. She can be contacted either by phone on 087-6411559 or via email at email@example.com.
Reflexology / Indian Head Massage Teresa Kelly Dip.ITEC.ARCHTI
Reflexology (The feet – a mirror of the body) gentle pressure to reflex areas of the feet to stimulate the body’s own healing process.
- Encourages the body to heal any current disorders.
- Relieves the effects of stress.
- Improves the immune system.
- Relieves Pain.
- Encourages better circulation.
- Improves bowel movements.
- Eliminates waste products from the body.
- Clears the body of toxins.
- Improves nerve stimulation.
- Promotes general relaxation.
- Assists post-operative recovery by decreasing pain and increasing healing.
Indian Head Massage Although the techniques involved in Indian Head Massage involve only the upper part of the body the benefits are widespread with the following benefits:
- Increase in blood flow to the head and shoulders.
- Helps relieve stress and anxiety
- Helps relieve mental fatigue .
- Promotes clearer thinking.
- Improves concentration.
- Helps relieve tired eyes and eye strain
- Promotes healthy hair growth.
- Helps improve the condition of the skin
- Reduces Oedema.
- Stimulates immunity.
- Improves Posture.
- Can help to relieve tension headaches.
- Relieves Pain and discomfort.
- Improves joint mobility.
- Slows down and deepens breathing, slows down heart rate.
- Helps reduce blood pressure.
- Encourages the body to rest & relax.
- Helps to promote sleep.
- Elevates the mood – can help anxiety & depression.
Indian Head and Reflexology – recommended to have a treatment once a week for 4 – 6 weeks to feel the benefits of them.
Indian Head usually takes 35 – 40 mins.
Reflexology usually takes 40 – 45 mins.
Contact Teresa Tel (021) 733 6505.