Due to the Covid 19 Pandemic, and for the safety and protection of YOU, our other patients and staff, we will be suspending all non urgent medical care for the next few weeks. We will be triaging non acute cases over the phone in the first instance with a view to face to face consultations taking place if necessary
1. Reception staff have been instructed to enquire as to the nature of your illness when you call. You will then receive a call back from the GP if the doctor feels one is required. The GP will arrange for a prescription to be called into the pharmacy of your choice if your issue can be dealt with over the phone during the consult. Phone consults will be €40.
2. If the GP needs to see you face to face, you will then be given an appointment to come to the surgery. These consults will be limited where possible to 10mins to reduce the possible transfer of the disease
3. The waiting room will be closed. Please call or come to the window when you arrive to check in, then wait in your car and we will call you in when the GP is ready to see you. This is to comply with social distancing requirements.
4. Over 18’s, please come alone or with your Carer if necessary. Under 18’s-only 1 adult to attend with the child. Please leave other children at home if possible.
5. Ante Natal appointments, Baby vaccines and Prolia injections will continue.
6. Urgent appointments (chest pain, severe headache, vomiting and rash on a child etc) will continue to be facilitated ASAP
7. Medical certs will be done online and work certs can be emailed
8. If you need a prescription, we will fax it into a pharmacy for you
A reminder of the symptoms
High temperature over 38 degrees or chills
Shortness of breath or bouts of coughing
If you have travelled in last 14 days or have come in contact with a sufferer, you are at risk.
We anticipate that our already busy phone lines will be even busier over the next while. We will be working diligently to get everyone through this. Please be patient and understanding. We are all in this together.
Wash your hands and practice social distancing.